Rice crispy treats are a favorite gluten-free treat in our home. This healthier version uses honey and cashew butter to make a delicious sweet creamy coating over the puffed rice. You won’t be sacrificing any flavor when eating these clean satisfying whole food treats.
No-bake Vegan Rice Crispy Treats are made with just 3 ingredients. Quick and easy holiday recipes are a great way to simplify your Christmas baking. These treats freeze well, so you can make them in advance to further simplify your holidays. Both children and adults will enjoy this healthier version of rice crispy treats this holiday season.
Vegan Rice Crispy Treats
credit:adapted from https://www.medicalmedium.com/blog/rice-crispy-treats
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2/3 cup cashew butter
- 2 tsp. alcohol-free vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 4 cups puffed brown rice cereal
- Combine honey, cashew butter, vanilla and salt into a saucepan; soften over low heat.
- In a separate bowl add puffed rice cereal. Add nut butter mixture to cereal and mix with a spatula until combined.
- Spray a 9×9 pan with coconut oil baking spray or line with parchment paper. Pour mixture into the dish and spread with a spatula. Use your hand to press mixture down firmly. Place in the refrigerator for 1 hour to harden, then remove and cut into bars. Best if stored in the refrigerator.
3 thoughts on “Vegan Rice Crispy Treats”
Thank you for a recipe for a sweet treat.
Another one I have to try.
They are yummy! I keep them in the freezer so we don’t eat them too fast.