Chocolate Hazelnut Energy Bites are a quick and easy no-bake snack that’s good for you! The combination of chocolate, hazelnuts, and dried cherries is delicious, and makes a tasty holiday treat. I appreciate having healthy alternatives that support my body especially at Christmas time.
These bites can be made in about 15 minutes and freeze well. Prep them in advance for a treat to serve to guests. Gluten-free oats are a healthy grain that’s easy to digest and can lower cholesterol. Whether you grab a few bites for an on-the-go snack or serve them on a Christmas plate, Chocolate Hazelnut Energy Bites are a recipe that will support you all year long.
Chocolate Hazelnut Energy Bites
- 1/2 cup nut butter (hazelnut, almond, peanut etc.)
- 2 tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- Heaping 1/2 cup roasted hazelnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup dried unsweetened Bing cherries, chopped
- pinch of sea salt
- Combine nut butter, cocoa powder, honey and vanilla in saucepan; soften over low heat.
- In a separate bowl, combine oats, hazelnuts, cherries and sea salt; mix thoroughly. Add nut butter mixture to oat mixture and combine. Using your hands, roll into balls and let sit in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to harden.