Chocolate Hazelnut Energy Bites are a quick and easy no-bake snack that’s good for you! The combination of chocolate, hazelnuts, and dried cherries is delicious, and makes a tasty holiday treat. I appreciate having healthy alternatives that support my body especially at Christmas time.
These bites can be made in about 15 minutes and freeze well. Prep them in advance for a treat to serve to guests. Gluten-free oats are a healthy grain that’s easy to digest and can lower cholesterol. Whether you grab a few bites for an on-the-go snack or serve them on a Christmas plate, Chocolate Hazelnut Energy Bites are a recipe that will support you all year long.
Chocolate Hazelnut Energy Bites
Credit: Kory DeAngelo, Fall 2016 PCC Cooks – Good Mood Food
- 1/2 cup nut butter (hazelnut, almond, peanut etc.)
- 2 tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- Heaping 1/2 cup roasted hazelnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup dried unsweetened Bing cherries, chopped
- pinch of sea salt
- Combine nut butter, cocoa powder, honey and vanilla in saucepan; soften over low heat.
- In a separate bowl, combine oats, hazelnuts, cherries and sea salt; mix thoroughly. Add nut butter mixture to oat mixture and combine. Using your hands, roll into balls and let sit in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to harden.
One thought on “Chocolate Hazelnut Energy Bites: Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Vegan”