This healthier version of coconut macaroons are perfect to share with family and friends. People with food allergies don’t need to miss out on enjoying a holiday treat. This recipe uses almond flour, but leaves out the eggs whites and milk. I love that it’s sweetened with only pure maple syrup. With just a few ingredients and a food processor, Coconut Macaroons can be made quickly for a melt-in-your-mouth delicious treat!
Credit: adapted from https://www.medicalmedium.com/blog/lemon-coconut-macaroons
- 1 1/2 cups shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp. solid coconut oil
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 tsp alcohol-free vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add all the ingredients to a food processor and process well until the mixture is uniform and the coconut shreds are smaller but still noticeable.
- Using a spoon or cookie scoop, scoop out firmly-packed balls of coconut mixture and place them on the baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 12-14 minutes, until golden on the bottom. Remove from the oven and cool completely on a cooling rack.
One thought on “Coconut Macaroons : Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Egg Free Dessert”