Black Bean Burgers are a healthy alternative to traditional burgers. The seasonings in this recipe gives these burgers a great flavor.
Our family prefers eating these burgers wrapped in lettuce, but they’re also great served on a gluten-free bun. Add either Ranch Dressing or Ginger Tahini Dressing for a delicious burger sauce.
The bean burgers and the sauce recipes all use a common ingredient…zucchini. This is a tasty meal to serve when you have extra zucchini in your garden. Zucchini is a good source of potassium which helps to maintain fluid balance and normalize blood pressure, according to medicalmedium.com. I hope you enjoy this heart-healthy recipe!
Black Bean Burgers
Ingredients1 can black beans (or 2 cups cooked black beans)
1 cup shredded zucchini
1 red onion, diced
4 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
1/2 cup walnuts
1/4 cup ground chia seeds
1/4 cup parsley
1/2 tbsp each: thyme leaves, sage leaves, poultry seasoning
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grind chia seeds in a blender if not already ground. Set aside.
- In a sauté pan, heat 1/4 cup of water. Add onions and garlic over high heat, stirring until cooked through, about 5 minutes. Add more water if needed to keep from sticking.
- In a food processor, pulse walnuts, ground chia seeds, parsley, thyme, sage, poultry seasoning, paprika and sea salt until coarse crumbles are formed. Set aside in a medium mixing bowl.
- Place black beans, garlic and onions in the food processor and pulse five times until roughly combined. Add shredded zucchini and pulse three more times. Add to the contents of the mixing bowl. Mix all ingredients together until well combined.
- Form into small patties about 3 inches across and place on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Bake for 30 minutes, flipping halfway through. Serve in gluten free buns with the toppings of your choice.