You are valuable. You are worthy. You have purpose. Choose to show yourself compassion today. Here are 30 suggestions that won’t cost you any money this Valentine’s Day, but will bring a smile to your face.
1. Turn off all the lights for a candlelight dinner.
2. Watch silly videos online:
3. Take a nap.
4. Bundle up with a blanket and look at the stars.
5. Roll down the window when you are driving.
6. Take a long bath. Add in Epsom salts or My Favorite Bath Salts for extra healing benefits.
7. Write down 5 things that make you happy.
8. Snuggle with your dog.
9. Watch a sunset outside. The next morning remember the sun is trustworthy and will rise every morning for the rest of your life.
10. Light a candle.
11. Throw a ball outside.
12. Listen to Medical Medium’s Free as a Bird Meditation.
13. Donate something.
14. Call an old friend.
15. Get outside.
16. Watch your favorite movie.
17. Do Donna Eden’s Morning Energy Routine. (It is also great to do in the afternoon.)
18. Eat lunch at a beach or a park.
19. Do a random act of kindness.
20. Drink herbal tea while listening to relaxing music with nature sounds.
21. Say these affirmations out loud:
- I am grateful for my healthy body.
- I am knowing and making the correct choices to support my body.
- I am completely loved and lovable.
- I am grateful that God looks over the details of my life and keeps me safe.
22. Look through photo albums or pictures.
23. Listen to a podcast or YouTube. (Listen while going for a walk for extra benefit.)
- Brene Brown, Shame & Vulnerability
- Wayne Jacobson, He Loves Me
- Anthony William, Healing Power of Compassion
24. Watch old family movies.
25. Go for a nature walk.
26. Play music.
27. Make time for friends.
28. Write down 3 things you are grateful for.
29. Think of being light hearted. Say “light heart” three times out loud.
30. Spend time in your garden… remembering the promise of spring and new life.
I would enjoy hearing in the comments which of the above suggestions was most beneficial to you. All 30 resonated with me, but if I had to pick only one, my favorite is #17 Donna Eden’s Morning Energy Routine.