Finding the right gift for that special person can be both delightful and challenging. Here are 10 unique ideas that will help to make your gift giving a little easier this holiday season.
1. DIY Holiday Spa Trio
Give your loved ones some much needed pampering this year with this spa set. You can easily and inexpensively make the Honey Sugar Scrub, Bath Salts and Moisturizing Body Butter. The recipes and instructions are in the links provided.
Store the sugar scrub and body butter in these metal tins. Cornucopia 2oz Metal Tins/Candle Tins (24-Pack); Tiny Round Metal Containers with Slip-On Lids for Party Favors, Candle Making, Spices & Gifts
The bath salts can be stored in either a mason jar with a lid or in zip-lock bags. I like to use chalk labels that come in a variety of sizes. Use the smallest size for your tins and save the larger labels for future DIY projects. ONUPGO Chalkboard Labels – 196 Premium Reusable Chalkboard Stickers with White Chalk Marker for Labeling Mason Jars, Parties, Craft Rooms, Weddings and Organize Your Home & Kitchen
Put everything together in a plastic gift bag and tie with a ribbon.
2. DIY Lemon Vinegar Cleaner with natural sponge cloths
You still have time to make your own lemon vinegar used in eco-friendly Lemon Vinegar Cleaner. It takes about 7-10 days to make lemon vinegar. As an alternative to lemon vinegar, use plain vinegar and add 10 drops of a citrus essential oil and 10 drops of tea tree essential oil.
I buy spray bottles at the dollar store and label them with the chalk labels mentioned above. Include these natural sponges and the DIY recipe for a special handmade gift. The natural sponge cloths can be purchased at Trader Joe’s or on Amazon. If You Care 100% Natural Sponge Cloths, 5 Count
3. The newly released book “Wild & Beautiful Naturally” by Suzanne Tabert.
Suzanne is the knowledgeable, experienced herbalist I studied under at Cedar Mountain Herb School. I’m excited for her first book, an herbal encyclopedia for healthy skin. Suzanne’s products are truly amazing. Her paperback book is now available on Amazon. Wild and Beautiful, Naturally!: An Herbal Encyclopedia for Healthy Skin For a more beautiful you!
4. Christmas Truth for Today Cards by Emily Lex – 31 illustrated Christmas scripture cards.
Emily is the daughter-in-law of a dear friend of mine. I’ve been following Emily’s blog and IG for years. I love her style and artistic designs. These encouraging illustrated cards can be enjoyed throughout the holiday season.
5. This Glass Tea Kettle Set is on my Christmas list. I love that the glass kettle can be heated directly on the stove top, and that it has a removable strainer. The double wall cups are unique. I can hardly wait to drink my herbal teas with this set.Tea Kettle Infuser Stovetop Gift Set – Glass Teapot with Removable Stainless Steel Strainer, Microwave & Dishwasher Safe, Tea Pot with Blooming, Loose Leaf Tea Sampler & 4 Double Wall Cups, Tea Maker
This is one of my favorite companies. I buy herbs, dandelion root and chaga mushroom for teas. Many of my essential oils like lavender, peppermint and sandalwood come from this company. Mountain Rose Herbs sell supplies to make your own skin care products, plus beeswax candles, and much more. Please note that due to covid-19 protocols their shipping time has been extended. If you plan to order product, verify your order will arrive before Christmas. Their gift certificates are all sent by email.
My mom received 2 boxes of pears as a gift this summer and loved them. It made me realize what a wonderful and healthy gift fruit is.
8. Heated Gloves
Do you know anyone who is always cold? Or maybe they enjoy working or playing outside in the winter season. These heated gloves with a temperature setting received wonderful reviews from a friend of mine. Rabbitroom Electric Battery Heated Gloves for Men&Women Rechargeable Battery Powered Gloves Waterproof Thermal Arthritic Gloves Winter Outdoor Sport Mittens (Large Size)
9. Fabfitfun membership program provides you with a gift box valued at $200 every quarter for $49. This is a unique gift for the person who loves to receive presents. Each quarter the member receives a custom box of gifts related to that season. If you are giving this subscription as a gift, purchase an electronic gift certificate to be used for purchasing the membership program. Note: you need to cancel your membership before the next quarter or you will be billed for the next season’s gift box.
10. If you need more gift ideas visit My Favorite Kitchen Tools for my 11 favorite tools making life in the kitchen easier.
I hope you found this list of gift ideas helpful. Let me know in the comments below which of these gift ideas were your favorite.