This recipe is perfect for a holiday meal. It’s a beloved traditional recipe that has been upgraded: packed with healing foods! I especially enjoy it as a comfort food on cold wintry nights.
Cauliflower, potatoes, garlic and mushrooms are all powerful healing foods supporting our immune system. Anthony William describes the anti-inflammatory properties, cancer fighting ability, and how these foods improve our overall health in this article.
Tips on How to Make
- I use a food processor when making this recipe. It blends up the cauliflower mashed potatoes to perfection. To save time, don’t clean the food processor after blending the cauliflower and potatoes.
- Leave about ½ cup of the cauliflower mashed potatoes in the food processor before blending the mushroom gravy.
- Set aside 2 cups of mushroom mixture, then add the remaining mushrooms and both to the food processor along with the ½ cup of the cauliflower mashed potatoes, and blend to make the mushroom gravy.
- Serve the mushroom gravy over your cauliflower mashed potatoes and sprinkle the reserved mushrooms. Enjoy!
This is my favorite vegan meal to serve on special occasions. It’s incredibly flavorful and very hearty. Even the meat eaters in my family are pleasantly satisfied with this all-in-one meal.
If you only need the mashed potato recipe visit Cauli-Mashed Potatoes: Delicious & Dairy-Free for this separate recipe plus additional information about these vegetables.
Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes and Gravy
Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes1 large head cauliflower, florets
4 potatoes, cubed
3 cloves of garlic
1/2 tsp. olive oil
1/4 tsp. sea salt
1 onion, chopped
4 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 cup sundried tomatoes
1/4 tsp. each thyme, sage & rosemary – add more if using fresh herbs
3-4 cups Healing Broth or water
- Steam cauliflower, potatoes and garlic until tender, about 20 minutes.
2. Strain and place into a food processor with olive oil and sea salt. Process until smooth.
3. In large pan, steam mushrooms, onion, garlic, sundried tomatoes, and herbs in water or healing broth until tender.
4. Set aside 2 cups mushrooms.
5. Place the rest of the mushrooms and broth into the food processor with 1/2 cup cauliflower mashed potatoes. Blend until smooth.
6. Pour mushroom gravy over the cauliflower mashed potatoes and serve topped with mushrooms.